Author of “How To Think Like Leonardo da Vinci”, creativity and innovation expert:
The world’s leading authority on the application of genius thinking to personal and organizational development, Michael J. Gelb is a pioneer in the fields of creative thinking, executive coaching and innovative leadership. His clients include DuPont, Emerson, Genentech, Merck, Microsoft, Nike and YPO. Co-director of the Leading Innovation Seminar at the Darden Graduate School of Business he also teaches for the London Business School, and is a Professor of Practice in Creativity and Innovation at Shiv Nadar University in India.
Michael is the author of 15 books including How to Think Like Leonardo Da Vinci, Creativity On Demand, Innovate Like Edison, Wine Drinking for Inspired Thinking, and The Art of Connection. Michael’s books have been translated into 25 languages and have sold more than one million copies.
In 1999 Michael was honored as “Brain Of the Year” by the Brain Trust Charity – Other recipients include Steven Hawking, Garry Kasparov and Edward De Bono. In 2003 he received a Batten Fellowship in Innovation from The University of Virginia Darden Graduate School of Business. He is also a gifted teacher of the Alexander Technique, a 5th degree black belt in aikido and is a professional juggler who has performed with the Rolling Stones.
10 reasons to book Michael for your next event:
1. Originality: Learn from an original thinker and creator.
2. Energy: Clients describe his energy as “scintillating,” “inspiring,” “electric,” “charismatic,” and “enlivening.”
3. Relevance: After careful consultation Michael will focus his message on your most important organizational issues.
4. Reliability: He appears at every scheduled engagement on time!
5. Authenticity: All keynotes are an expression of his lifetime interests.
6. Passion: Michael’s passion for inspiring your group will lead to a presentation that exceeds your expectations.
7. Global: Michael has presented in more than 30 countries and has extensive experience with multi-national and multi-cultural groups.
8. Resilience: Michael delivers an excellent program under all conditions.
9. Humor: People learn better when they laugh and Michael inspires laughter in the most serious groups.
10. Results: Michael is focused on achieving the results that are most important to you.
How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci
What if you could call on history’s greatest genius, Leonardo da Vinci, to be your personal mentor in cultivating your ability to think creatively, learn faster and lead change?
Learn 7 essential principles for a more creative life.
Measurably improve memory and problem solving ability
Apply the principles to generate greater creativity and innovation in the workplace.
This dynamic, highly-interactive program brings da Vinci’s genius to life through fascinating biographical and historical information, setting the stage for an introduction to seven principles for thinking “a la Leonardo.” Participants are then guided to apply the principles, through a proven series of practical exercises, to your organization’s greatest challenges.
The da Vinci principles are:
Curiosità – An insatiable quest for knowledge and continuous improvement
Dimostrazione – Learning from experience
Sensazione – Sharpening the senses
Sfumato – Managing ambiguity and change
Arte/Scienza – Whole-brain thinking
Corporalità – Body-mind fitness
Connessione – Systems thinking
Leonardo invented the parachute before anyone could fly! Imagine what your organization could accomplish with that kind of innovative thinking.
“By capturing the very essence of Da Vinci’s life and genius – the seemingly perfect integration of mind, body, spirit and soul – Michael Gelb guides us in the discovery and understanding of the boundlessness of our own human potential.”
Deepak Chopra M.D.
Innovate Like Edison: The 5-Step System for Breakthrough Business Success
Leonardo was probably the most creative person who ever lived but Thomas Edison is history’s greatest practical innovator. Beyond his invention of the phonograph, motion pictures and a system to light the world, Edison invented the rigorous, disciplined process of innovation.
Learn the 5 essential competencies of innovation
Apply Edison’s strategies for setting and achieving goals
Develop “Innovation Literacy” to drive innovation
Edison understood that personal success and organizational innovation go hand-in-hand. Personal success requires you to learn how to think like an innovator; and, for your organization to be successful, innovation is now more important than ever.
This program introduces Edison’s Five Competencies of Innovation™. They are:
1. Solution‐Centered Mindset
2. Kaleidoscopic Thinking
3. Full‐Spectrum Engagement
4. Master Mind Collaboration
5. Super‐Value Creation
Each competency will be brought to life with specific, practical “take‐home” applications.